Friday 18 January 2013

2012 Best Bits part one ...


So, I have been officially rubbish at blogging throughout 2012. Naughty Cath! I fully intend to rectify this in 2013....starting now!

Last year was full of diverse & creative shoots. I was very lucky to work with so many lovely people & got to take my camera to many stunning venues across the country. Whether that was for a wedding, a commercial project, a family portrait shoot or even a band shoot, I got to be creative in lots of different ways which always keeps me on my toes & makes me realise how much I love my job!

My wedding work has taken me to many venues throughout the past 12 months, but some of my favourites have been The Bay Tree in Burford, Westonbirt School in Wiltshire, Kingston Bagpuize House & Le Manoir aux Quat Saisons in Oxfordshire. I have also photographed many weddings in family gardens under marquee's last year which always makes them so personal. The rain made things interesting at times too, but I do like a good umbrella shot now & then.

My commercial work saw lots of product shoots, which included some great work for Oxfam Unwrapped, Oxford University & the luxury leather goods supplier Daines & Hathaway. I stepped briefly into the world of fashion photography for Pittards PLC (which was both terrifying & fantastic at the same time!) and did some collaborative work, both photography & DSLR filming with FX Media.

My portrait portfolio has got much fuller in the past year & I have worked with some great families to create some lovely shots to adorn a few family rooms! My intention is to do much more portrait work in the coming months and build on my galleries.

As I have almost a year of images to showcase, I am going to do a couple of blog posts to cover the different areas of my work & my fav shots of each. First one ... All things Wedding.

Here's to a productive & creative 2013 at Catherine Photography! Xx






 





































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment